QQI- COVID-19 Contingency Statement
Please see below for Harvest’s contingency statement for QQI programmes during COVID-19
What We’re Doing:
We, at Harvest, place a strong emphasis on quality in terms of the type of solutions that we provide for our clients and the focus that we have on the development of our one-team ethos.
With that in mind, we are committed to continue to provide an excellent learning experience during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We endeavour to maintain quality & standards during this difficult period & learners will not be adversely affected.
To do so, we are taking the following measures:
- Mode of delivery: We are moving our QQI Level 6 Leadership course online through a series of virtual classrooms. This will comprise of 6 days of virtual classrooms. These classrooms will be delivered through Zoom online. We will be taking the necessary precautions to ensure the utmost protection for our learners and tutors. We have implemented the following security steps in our Zoom sessions, as follows:
- All our meetings are private (not public) and the host will ‘lock’ the meeting as soon as all learners have joined
- Require learners to register with Zoom prior to joining a classroom
- Not publish Zoom links on our websites or anywhere public; only people registered for a course will receive an email with the link and the embedded password in it the day of the classroom
- Assessment: The assessment structure will remain the same and comprise of the following:
- Two-part Learner Journal
- 3 Skills Demonstrations (2 Skills Demonstrations online with the tutor, 1 work-based Skills Demonstration with observer rating and a written assignment).
- There will be a slight redesign in the content to accommodate the new mode of delivery & will be ready in time for our next programme commencing in May.
- To assist learners during this time, our training administrator is, as always, available for support, for any queries that the learner’s may have, and our office phone is still being manned. Also, our tutors, Barry and Brendan, will make be as available as they can to the learners, outside of classroom time for mentoring.
- Virtual Classrooms will be supported by a moderator to provide tech support to learners and tutors.
- In advance of the formal commencement of the programme learners will be provided with online induction, programme overview and learner introductions.
- In the event of our tutor falling ill, we have always back up tutors available to step in, so there is no disruption to learners and the programme schedule.
- We also upload all soft copy materials delivered in our classes to our learning hub. Each learner will get a log in to the hub upon registration to access these.
As we believe in a constantly feedback loop from our learners, we will review the feedback after this first programme to assess if any tweaks or changes are required.
Want to keep up to date with all the trends & insights from the world of work and learning? Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/harvest-resources_2/